Homeowner associations (HOAs) provide a wide range of community services that are managed by a Board of Directors. The Board is made up of volunteer homeowners who are elected by the HOA. Serving on the Board requires a huge personal commitment.
Because of the dedication, time and energy needed, it’s important more homeowners share in the responsibility. Here’s why I think members should volunteer to run for the Board:You can directly impact quality of life issues in your community.
- You can help protect everyone’s property values.
- You can work to correct problems you’ve experienced that haven’t been resolved.
- You can do your fair share for your community.
- You can learn new skills, become a better communicator and add professional qualifications to your resume.
- You can make new friends, attend more social events and have fun.
Working on the Board is demanding. But, it can also be very rewarding. I believe it’s something every HOA member should set out to do.